The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) gives employees access to confidential support, assistance and counselling to help them deal with a range of life events. The service is generally free for employees to use and is confidential. Asset, our comprehensive employer paid health care cash plan, includes the EAP as standard.
Benefits of the EAP include:
- A 24-hour telephone support helpline – available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online support service – provides a wealth of information and advice across a range of topics including home life support, work life assistance and physical and emotional health
- Face-to-face counselling – includes up to 8 sessions of face to face counselling, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) where clinically appropriate
- Medical information – qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues
- Access to legal, financial and consumer information
- Support for managers – telephone support and guidance to help managers deal with workplace challenges
The EAP is provided by a specialist third party.