Sovereign Health Care and Sovereign Health and Insurance Services Limited (we/us/our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and our terms of website use policy set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sovereign Health Care, Royal Standard House, 26 Manningham Lane, Bradford BD1 3DN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site sovereignhealthcare.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and cookies
We may collect anonymous information about your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or any other device you might use to access our site) and activity on our website, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type and version, pages you visited and actions you took. Some of this information is recorded and processed through the use of a cookie file which is stored on your device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your devices web browser when you visit the majority of websites on the internet. The text files contain information about you and the preferences you have for the website being visited.
These cookies are stored so that a site can customise its pages for the next time you visit the website or return to a page previously visited.
Cookie files will only store information from when you have visited the site and the choices you have made while on there. Personal information such as email addresses will not be stored unless you submit your email address to a web form. Cookie files will never store any of your bank details. If you’d like to learn more about how cookies work, please refer to this page.
To manage your cookie settings in your browser please refer to the section below.
How do cookies help us?
- They make our site work as you would expect
- They allow you to complete the online application process
- They allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter
- They make our marketing more efficient by allowing us to improve our service based on user behaviour
- They allow us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- They allow us to recognise you when you return to our site
What we will not do with cookies?
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
How can I manage cookies?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Different web browsers take different approaches when it comes to cookie management. To find out how to manage cookies in your browser of choice, please follow the links listed below:
What cookies do we use on this website?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to access secure areas of our sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Source||Name||Expiry date||Purpose||More information|
|Sovereign Health Care||PHPSESSID||Until you complete your application, or leave the application pages||These cookies remember the information entered in the stages of the application process.|
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To help us to provide and improve our services to you, for assessment and analysis for underwriting and claims handling and to protect our interests.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Sovereign Health Care or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sovereign Health Care, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
The Data Controller
Sovereign Health Care
Royal Standard House
26 Manningham Lane
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Data Controller
Sovereign Health Care
Royal Standard House
26 Manningham Lane